Life Course Center Membership
The Life Course Center (LCC) members comprise an interdisciplinary group of scholars from the University of Minnesota - this includes faculty, postdocs, researchers, and students. Membership is conditional on the approval of the LCC Academic Advisory Board. To become a member, complete this application form.
Life Course Center Affiliate Membership
An individual outside the University of Minnesota is eligible to become an Affiliate member of the Life Course Center if:
- You are a faculty member, researcher, or postdoc at an academic institution without NIH-funded population or aging centers and are actively engaged in research that fits within the LCC’s themes; or
- You are a researcher at a non-academic research institution who is conducting research in line with LCC’s research themes (include link to themes) and would like to build collaborations through becoming an affiliate.
- Your research focuses on one of the three research themes: Later Life-Course Population Trends in Context; Life-Course Dynamics as Disparity Mechanisms; Interrelationships of Work, Family, Community Participation, and Health.
Benefits of becoming a Life Course Center Affiliate include opportunities to:
- Participate in seminars and workshops sponsored by the Life Course Center
- Disseminate your research through the Life Course Center Working Paper Series
- Apply for funding through a Life Course Center Pilot Grant
- Have research outputs highlighted in Life Course Center publications, such as the website, newsletters, and annual reporting.
Applications should include a current CV and a completed application form. The LCC’s Advisory Board reviews and approves affiliate applications quarterly.